Thursday, August 20, 2009

It ain't love yet...

Well, first evening in Rome wasn't so bad. Wandered around for 4-5 hours. Campo Di Fiori, Piazza Navona and quite a few other stops in between. Saving the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish steps for later.

Am about to make a bold statement - I am yet to be taken in by Rome. Sure, the cobble stone paths are quaint and some of the monuments are impressive but I am missing something. Not quite sure what it is.

The first time I set foot in NYC, I fell in love. Same for Chicago and SF. Maybe the touristy vibe is too much for me.



My favorite part so far has been the narrow alleys. There is something alluring about them. A hint of mystery of what lies beyond that narrow cobblestoned path. Of course the gelato was fantastic - I pretty much had that for dinner yesterday.

BTW the women are stunningly beautiful. Just confirmed my suspicion that I have a thing for Italian women.

Aaah...a little more spice. My hostel room is 4-person one - two bunk beds. Apparently one of our roommates managed to snag a one-night stand. Thankfully they were out of my field of vision.

I was actually woken up by their post coital small talk. In their drunken stupor they seemed to be mistaking yells for whispers and a hookup for something more (atleast the girl was). Since their vocabulary was limited to "am like", it was like nails on chalkboard.

Hopefully this stays an one-night stand. For my sleep's sake and for humanity.

Off to see the bloody ceiling today...

No comments:

Post a Comment