Monday, August 24, 2009

Ciao Bella & Yellow !

Today I bid adieu to Rome and head to Paris.

Rome has been wonderful. The cool and soothing fountains, the narrow alleys, the cobblestone paths, the history at every corner, the yummy gelato and the beautiful women (I will write a post just dedicated this later). There are many more things which will remain with me for the rest of my life.

This would not have been possible without the wonderfully wondederful hostel I stayed at - The Yellow. Amazing and helpful staff, super-clean rooms, wonderful breakfast and prime location. Gratzi, Yellow !

The last night in Rome, I spent wandering the Trevi Fountain & Spanish steps, eating gelato people watching. In effect that sums up Rome for me too. It is not about the historic monuments it is about the people - effervescent and ebullient, the food - scrumptidelicious and their zest for life.

Favorite memory - Having a capuccino at a cafe which has been there since 1745 & eatng gelato sitting near the fountains at Piazza Navona.

Just like all the tourists, I did make a wish and toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain. I hope to be back when that wish comes true.

Arrivederci Roma !

No comments:

Post a Comment